Post is inspired by A Sweet Pea Chef
Mornings are busy, kids are cranky, parents are tired, but we all want to start our day with a great breakfast. One that is preferably easy, delicious, full of nutrition. So here is an Easy Banana Nut Recipe full of goodness.
- 4 ripe bananas (ok to use frozen bananas, thaw and smoosh)
- 1/3 cup organic melted butter (omega 3 and healthy fats)
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar (antioxidant rich)
- 1 egg beaten, organic free range please (protein, omega 3, iron, B12, Vit D)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp himalayan salt (antioxidant rich)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (lower glycemic index, extra fiber)
- 1/2 cup white flour (unbleached)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (protein, omega 3)
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS: 1/3 cup shredded carrots (no one was aware), 1 TBSP flax seed powder for more fiber & omega 3 (again, no one c0uld tell)
- Preheat oven to 350F or 173 C
- In a large bowl, mix butter into smoothed banans
- Mix in sugar, vanilla, and egg
- Add the baking soda, salt, and stir.
- Add flour and mix until just incorporated
- Fold in walnuts. The less you stir, the fluffier the muffins will be.
- Coat muffin pan with organic coconut oil. No Vegetable Oil. No Canola Oil.
- Pour batter into pan
- Sprinkle extra walnuts on top if you wish
- Bake 25-30min until golden brown and once a toothpick inserted in the centre of muffins comes out clean.
- Allow to cool
Makes 12-15 muffins (depending on your scooping skills)