Breakfast for Dinner is a general favorite for all. Here is a simple trick to make it healthy and well rounded. Forget the pancakes and waffles. Make eggs interesting.
Eggs in a Basket
- Cut out the middle from the bread
- Butter bread lightly on one side
- Turn broiler on high
- Spray hot pan (medium heat) with non-propellant olive oil spray.
- Place bread buttered side up in pan
- Crack eggs in middle of bread
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the bread is lightly toasted and eggs are 50% done
- Place eggs and toast on greased cookie sheet
- Broil in oven on top rack 2-3 minutes to desired doneness
- Add cooked nitrite free preservative free bacon
- Add sliced avocado slices.
Kids won’t eat avocados? Add a side of strawberries, grapes, watermelon, sliced oranges.
Bon Appetite, Ana-Maria Temple, MD
2 thoughts on “Breakfast for dinner – Eggs in a Basket”
I love breakfast for dinner. Eggs in a Basket is one of my favs. You cooked yours perfectly!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your kind words. I am trying to get my families to cook more at home and eat out less.